Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stewed Pork at Home

Papa Chow who's been missing Mama Chow got busy in the kitchen yesterday and presented the good old home-cooked favourite, Mui Choy Kau Yok (Stewed Pork with Preserved Vegetables). Papa favours the extreme excess style of cooking, always over the top, never under-seasoning and none of that health check crap. Very necessary when preparing traditional fattening, comforting food. Slurpalicious!


Unearthing hidden treasures in the slow cooker pot



Flash-frenzy! Pork and mui choy blink in unison, bewildered.


This is how I consumed my share of glorious pork dish, on fat udon noodles. Needless to say, it was fuppin' awesome!

2 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

this is my first time seeing this mui choy kau yok. :)

CK Lam said...

I always cook extra whenever I prepare this dish cos the taste gets better overnight.
so far I take it only with rice, must try yr way with udon...