Saturday, May 10, 2008

Stewed Pork at Home

Papa Chow who's been missing Mama Chow got busy in the kitchen yesterday and presented the good old home-cooked favourite, Mui Choy Kau Yok (Stewed Pork with Preserved Vegetables). Papa favours the extreme excess style of cooking, always over the top, never under-seasoning and none of that health check crap. Very necessary when preparing traditional fattening, comforting food. Slurpalicious!

Unearthing hidden treasures in the slow cooker pot

Flash-frenzy! Pork and mui choy blink in unison, bewildered.

This is how I consumed my share of glorious pork dish, on fat udon noodles. Needless to say, it was fuppin' awesome!


New Kid on the Blog said...

this is my first time seeing this mui choy kau yok. :)

CK Lam said...

I always cook extra whenever I prepare this dish cos the taste gets better overnight.
so far I take it only with rice, must try yr way with udon...