Sunday, March 18, 2012

Platinum Pork Leg Stew on Rice, Pratunam, Bangkok

This Khao Kha Moo (Pork leg stew on rice) was a gem of a find stumbling around Pratunam while on lunch break from Death Shopper 2.0 at Platinum Shopping Mall. The dish itself is quintessentially Thai, and they're everywhere on the streets of Bangkok. I've tasted many wonderful versions of this dish, yet this remains by far the most impressionable.

The local lunch crowd packed this place to the rafters, but service didn't miss a beat. Within a minute or two, we had our orders taken and drinks served, and shortly after that, this beauty arrived...

...melt-in-your-mouth pork, laced with buttery fat, served on top of rice drenched with pork-infused gravy with the requisite stewed hard-boiled egg and chunks of preserved vegetables. Out of this world!

The Khao Kha Moo stall shares the limelight here with a wantan mee stall, which appeared to be just as popular. Can't miss it, don't miss it!

4/32-33 Soi Petchburi 19
Pratunam, Bangkok

13 comments:

missyblurkit said...

omg. that looks so good! one of my fave dishes. the preserved vegie does look a lil like our chinese "choi kiok" or is it kiam chai?

Sean said...

omigosh, i just tried a google search to see if we could find Khao Kha Moo somewhere in KL or PJ. and nothing emerges! nothing!!! why do we not have this lovely dish available to us here? travesty!!!

Ciki said...

out of this world indeed!! i want buttery fatty porky lardy rice now!! :P

Pureglutton said...

Aarghh...this is making me hungry and WANT to go to BKK now!

Kenny Mah said...

Good gosh, I second what Sean, Ciki and Pureglutton said... I want some now! Looks so lardlicious! :D

kobe said...

it looks so yummy
destination wedding dresses

Last Minute said...

This looks very delicious, I wonder when will I be able to taste those dishes!

Kenny Mah said...

P.S. More lardlicious posts soon? :D

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I have found your Blog by coincidently when I looking for the info of Saifon Shop in Pandan Indah. I wonder if they still running the business till now.

BTW, it is great that you just review Khao Kha Moo in my home town instead! Please enjoy Khao Kha Moo for me as well!

FYI, the preserved vegie is sour one or sung chai.

Ps. I wouldn't Khao Kha Moo will going well in KL since you already have the Pork Belly Stew and also the Pork in Black vinegar.

Moves said...

I just love this Khao Kha Moo (Pork leg stew on rice). I have learned to do it myself and now you actually gave the idea to cook it for tonight. Thank you.

ciki said...

Hewwo! Our website is now no longer cumidanciki but http://ccfoodtravel.com/ . Please kindly update your blogroll, thanks soooo much! :D xox,mei

Will C. said...

I'm assuming there isn't real pieces of Platinum in the stew...

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

I like to try the Wan Ton Mee at Khao Kha Moo !